Author Topic: ULTIMATE ADVENTURE NORTHERN BC. 2015  (Read 16229 times)

Offline kimmer

• old school rules
  • HMMM wonder what to do?? ICLICK!!!
  • old school.
ULTIMATE ADVENTURE NORTHERN BC. 2015
« on: September 13, 2014, 05:47:03 PM »
So been thinking about this for a few years and wondering it there and interest. We have all read about the Ultimate  adventure trips the 4x4 mag in the states do every year, and me loving the 3-4 day off road trips thought we should do one in BC. Would like to follow there guide line and do the same thing.

My initial plan was a 7 day trip out west, Telkwa pass - Red Rose - the Dorren BC trip cool- and something  else to get up back to PG.

Trucks will need certain min requirements obviously - reliability will be a must, no Sh$t boxes.

I love the adventure of not knowing what's ahead and how we going to get out of this and I'm sure there are others out the so let me know if there's interest, I'll post this of the other sites but I'M PLANNING A BIG TRIP EITHER WAY BUT WOULD BE NICE TO MEET SOME OTHERS.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:55:18 PM by kimmer »
70 bronco 35's
74 bronco  35's
78 super cab shortbox
96 bronco 33's

Offline snowracer

• I LOVE WAFFLES
Re: ULTIMATE ADVENTURE NORTHERN BC. 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 02:12:18 AM »
always wanted to do something like this too, guess i have some time to make the jeep not a Sh$t box
I love old trucks. everything is made of mo'F#@kin' steel. Need to move some Sh$t cause you made it more awesome? NBD. drink a whiskey, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back.

Offline kimmer

• old school rules
  • old school.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:48:23 PM »
I know there will only be a select few you can make the trip. thinking next august long and the following week, 7 maybe 8 days, try to do 4, may be five trails between here and terrace.that way we can hook up with the crew that hit red rose up and have some trail guides.
70 bronco 35's
74 bronco  35's
78 super cab shortbox
96 bronco 33's

Offline HillBilt

• FULLTILT & HILLBILT
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »
Awesome idea. For those that haven't ran the pass it's a must do as well as Red Rose. Both are great trails with awesome scenery. I think the Coast Mt guys run red rose on Aug long if I'm not mistaken? There is actually a lot of great wheeling from PG right to the coast.
HILLBILT FABWRECKS TRUGGY....and a few other piles

Offline HillBilt

• FULLTILT & HILLBILT
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »
Don't know if I could do the whole trip but maybe hook up for a trail or 2. Lwb86 and myself run most of these trails annually, so if you got any questions about the area I'm sure one of us could answer it  cheers

Swede

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 01:19:51 PM »
If you have the time you should think about hitting Haida Gwaii and doing the Tow Hill to Tlell beach run. 85 klm's of ocean front beach driving with river crossings and shipwrecks! A must do! You mentioned Dorreen too but by next year that trail will probably be gone due to the clear cutting going on there.  :(

satan

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:18:16 PM »
Ive done the tow hill run in my jk, it was a ton of fun and very scenic.

Offline BEEFY

• Dang helpful wheeler!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 02:28:25 AM »
This sound good. I know I can get the time off. As long as the funds are there I should be in.

Offline kimmer

• old school rules
  • old school.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »
sounds good keanne  we'll have to get together look at the trails mentioned and come up with a plan, got two other buddies that are in as well. some trail guides along the way will be cool (lwb86 and red-neck also kris from terrace)
70 bronco 35's
74 bronco  35's
78 super cab shortbox
96 bronco 33's

redsled

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 06:30:13 AM »
PG TO KLUSKOIL LAKES TO BLUE RD TO KENNY DAM TO DEERHORN ALLONG NORTH OF NECHAKO RESERVOIR. MAYBE SWEENY/SIBOLA DIRT TO TELKWA TO TELKWA PASS ?HMMMM DIRT EVERY DAY.

Offline kimmer

• old school rules
  • old school.
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 03:28:03 PM »
We have a plan, dates are last week of July 2015, starting sat morning, July 25,  into the August long. So far we plan on 5 trails, starting with Dome mnt, then across to the hwy for the telkwa pass to terrace, will talk to the terrace group to try and hit up a trail there (mean jean they call it), then do the easy trip to Dorreen, lastly hit the Red Rose trail on the Aug long weekend.

70 bronco 35's
74 bronco  35's
78 super cab shortbox
96 bronco 33's

B-Roth

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »
that sounds, super awesome! I need to get my trail rig built, hhaha

Offline kimmer

• old school rules
  • old school.
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 05:17:24 AM »
ideas on camping spots for the trip from anyone who's been out to these areas would be much appreciated. Ive found provincial sites, but don't want to camp there. Don't know the area at all so would be nice to have planned spots. Nothing worse than driving aimlessly looking fort a spot to camp.

Just wondering for the dome mnt, terrace ( if we do a trail there), and the dorreen trail, thanks.
70 bronco 35's
74 bronco  35's
78 super cab shortbox
96 bronco 33's

Offline HillBilt

• FULLTILT & HILLBILT
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 07:59:26 AM »
For Dome you could rough it at Guess lake. It's on the trail on the way out. Really nice spot, but nothing there-picnic table or outhouse. Or you could head into Telkwa and stay at Tyee lake campground. Full services and really nice aswell. And there's a nice OneStop convenience store close by for anything somebody might need.

Offline HillBilt

• FULLTILT & HILLBILT
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 08:02:06 AM »
As for Terrace anytime we've done the pass we stay at Ferry Island campsite. Nice and has all amenities. But I'm sure there is other really nice spots in the area, im not familiar with it